Tamron Co., Ltd, a pioneering optical equipment manufacturing company, announced the introduction of the world’s first full size high speed standard zoom lens – SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007) lens in the Indian market. In fact, the lens is bundled with VC (Vibration compensation) image stabilization which considerably helps to eliminate camera shake especially at low shutter speeds and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), which enables to achieve quick focusing speeds, with full time manual focus override and resolution at the top of its class.
• Arguably the world’s first full-size standard zoom lens fitted with the acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation), which enables users to document stable hand held photography enabling photographers to explore the benefits of high-speed zoom imagery.
• The lens is constructed with the specialized high grade glass in the three LD elements, three Glass Molded Aspherical Lenses, one Hybrid Aspherical lens and two XR (Extra Refractive Index) glasses, thereby delivering brilliant images. Besides, by using a rounded diaphragm, the lens helps to create stunning blur effects.
• Incorporated with USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) it helps to focus reasonably quick and accuratly. Manual focusing is a pleasure as the narrow focus ring is well damped, which makes it easy to apply fine adjustments.
• The high-speed standard zoom lens has a wide-end focal length of 24mm which enables to expand the photographic area considerably.
• Even though the lens is large compared to other contemporary 24-70mm f/2.8 lenses, but it isn’t
Tamron uveils Zoom lens for pros and hobbyisttoo heavy, weighing approximately 825grams.
• The lens sports a moisture resistant design and a thin rubber gasket has been placed around the metal lens mount to help prevent dust and moisture from penetrating inside the lens.
• Manual focusing is a pleasure as the narrow focus ring is well damped, which makes it easy to apply fine adjustments. Manual adjustments can be made at any time, whether in Auto or Manual focus mode.
• The full strength of the f/2.8 high speed lens
• High quality plastics have been used for much of the lens barrel’s construction and the wide rubberised zoom ring is well enough damped to prevent lens creep, without being too stiff either. A lock switch is provided to prevent the lens from extending during transportation too.
Image quality ranks amongst the best with up to 4 stop correction effect.
New VC system
(moving coil method)
Tamron’s original VC image stablization mechanism utilizes a moving magnet system wherein a heavy magnet is positioned near the moving VC lens element. In fact, in the new VC unit the positions of the magnet and the coil are reversed and because of this, the VC optical lens element is attached to the coil. In addition, the VC mechanism employs a moving coil mechanism bundled with a lightweight coil which considerably reduces the load on the drive. In short, the VC unit contributes to make the lens more lighter and compact in size.
While the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD is a high speed zoom lens with maximum aperture of f/2.8, the inclusion of the VC system makes the lens sufficiently large. Even though the lens is large compared to its contemporaries, its shape, size and the layout of the drive coils are all designed to obtain sufficient thrust, thereby enabling it to provide high level of compensation effect.
The Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD offers very good optical performance for a reasonable price. The amazing lens is priced at an MRP of Rs. 71,900/- in the Indian market and comes with a two year warranty. The added bonus of Vibration Compensation will appeal to many, especially if your photography tends to require shooting at slower shutter speeds in low light, rather than faster shutter speeds to freeze action.
This lens is strategically launched for the Indian market for not only targeting professionals but also to attract armateurs and hobbyists photographers. It goes without saying that this is one of the best ever lens launched by Tamron that is currently available in the market.