The 2013 Sony World Photography Awards, organised by the World Photography Organisation (WPO), is now open for entries.
Each year the Awards uncover and celebrate the very best in international contemporary photography. Previous winners include Alejandro Chaskielberg, Simon Norfolk, Paolo Pellegrin, Robin Hammond, Rena Effendi, David Zimmerman and the 2012 L’Iris d’Or recipient, US photographer Mitch Dobrowner.Widely recognised as the leading global photographic awards programme, the 2013 Sony World Photography Awards include:
• Professional competition for serious photographers
• Open competition for amateurs and enthusiasts
• Student Focus for higher education photography students aged 18-28
• Youth competition for photographers under 20
• Moving Image Award for those experimenting with film and narrative formats (will be live later in the year)
• 3D Award for anyone using 3D technology in photography or video