2018 is likely to be an extremely important year for the imaging industry. The next twelve months will hopefully have the answer to many questions that are facing the industry today, like –
• What is the future of the camera industry? Will we see growth again?
• Will film and film cameras make a comeback a la turntables?
• What is the future for D-SLRs? Will they gradually give way to mirrorless cameras?
• Will mirrorless cameras continue their upward march?
• Will the slide in compact cameras be arrested?
• Will smartphones continue to get an increasing chunk of the imaging market?
• Will the double digit growth of the Indian market continue?
The answer to these questions will determine the future course and direction of our industry. We, on our part, wish all of stakeholders the very best in 2018. Happy New Year!
H. S. Billimoria